GTV6 Sputtering

OK folks...I need some troubleshooting advice....

While driving yesterday, my GTV6 hiccupped...(a jerk like it was running out
of fuel)  I assumed since the gas guage was low that perhaps I was in need of
fuel...well, it sputtered and died three times before I got to the gas
station.  Everytime it died, it started right back up...

After fueling, it occurred three more times.  When I backed into the dark
garage, I noticed that the alternator light was remaining on but very dim.
The vehicle continues to start immediately after turning ignition...

What could it be.....fuel pump....alternator....fuel injection...contaminated
fuel...ECU????  Somebody help me please with suggestions...

Please post your suggestion and/or e-mail me at skybeaver6@domain.elided

Walt Mattil
83 GTV6 (she's a little under the weather)