Re: spider sunvisor

Hugh Shawcross writes:
> Not too long ago someone posted a question asking for help
> in tightening a sunvisor so that it didn't flop down (I presume).
> .... If some one is in the know on treating such a malady
> would they respond for my benefit please?

The problem is due to the metal pins on which the visor pivots coming
loose inside their stand-offs. By now, your visor is gripping the pins
tightly enough so that the pin is not rotating relative to the visor, and
all the rotation is occuring inside the stand-off. I solved this problem
on my spider by pinning and gluing the pins inside the stand-offs. I
removed the visors from the car, and drilled a small diameter hole into
each pin from the underside of the stand-off, and stuck in a small brad.
Then, I filled it with epoxy.

Craig Lawson
claw@domain.elided