Re: spider sunvisor

Hugh Shawcross wrote:

>Not too long ago someone posted a question asking for help in tightening a
>sunvisor so that it didn't flop down (I presume). Who ever posted it
>actually thought that it had been the subject of a thread from some time
>ago. I waited for an answer to appear but either there wasn't one on digest
>or I missed it. Also, i'm not familiar with the thread. However, I have a
>similiar concern over one of my sunvisors and so far tightening the screws
>at the end haven't done any good. If some one is in the know on treating
>such a malady would they respond for my benefit please?

The problem is that the shaft is loose and turning inside the mount so
tightening up the adjustment screw is no help. What you need to do is drill
a small hole in the base of the mount so that it passes through the shaft
and install a small roll pin. After that you will probably have to loosen
the adjustment screw because in previous attempts to get the thing to stop
drooping you most likely have it clamped down tighter than a you know what.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided