Front Donut Removal

On removing the front donut on a GTV6

I did the operation on my Milano and had good success using a large
screwdriver up through the access hole.  The screwdriver jammed between the
donut spider and the housing.  Worked great.

One thing I'll caution you on is to make sure you compress the donut with a
large hose clamp before taking it out.  I didn't and while trying to remove it
it expanded and got caught on the studs.  I had to use a reciprocating body
saw to saw apart the donut after which it slid right off.  It's a bitch
getting the hose clamp on, but if I have to do it again, I'll spend hours
trying.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum