magnesium, water pumps

>(hmmm....I remember in chemistry class dropping magnesium pellets in water
and watching it >wiz around the petri dish and explode) (I guess they are
some form of alloy)

Are you sure it wasn't sodium? I remember that magnesium just burns pretty
bright.

I seem to have started a bona fide thread with my V-6 water pump question.
Thanks to all who responded and thanks for the survey, Bernie.  I still
don't know if there is a preferred water pump brand. The new one I am
installing is from Magnetti Marelli. The old one may have been from Spica.
I would be willing to bet that Alfa does not make even the OE ones themselves.

Perhaps it is because I have had back problems, but I find it quite
comfortable to work on the front end of the engine of my Milano on my
knees. In the praying position. Yes, that's it. Praying that I don't feel
that nausiating feeling when snugging down a bolt and it suddenly gets looser!

Doss
'87 Milano Gold