Re: Fiats and bad maintenance

I will have to agree with Carl as opposed to David.

I owned a 1969 Fiat 850 and it rusted so much in four years, that when I moved
from Wash DC to MO, I just left it in the parking lot.  I washed it regularly,
drove it one winter on Long Island, with very little snow/salt, etc and almost
nothing at all in the two years I actually drove it in DC.  It just rusted out
from the inside of all the wheel wells out.

I had similar experiences with three 128's and two Stradas in Kansas City.  My
1984 Jeep CJ7, which saw a lot more salt, etc than the Fiats combined did, is
still going strong.

John Justus