Re: Speedo adj

Mark Battley:
> >>http://hem.passagen.se/veloce/MECH3.HTM
>  > >
> >Thank you, very useful article and it works.
>
> I agree, a very useful article: My only reservation is about the
suggested calibration method:

> "Just cruise along at 2.000 revs in 5th gear and see if you need
to increase or decrease the speedometer"
> > > snip
> Perhaps correct the tacho first:

True, it says so in the article too.

> And then think about your tyre size and pressures relative to
stock...

Well, the procedure is meant to determine the relation between
revs, final ratio and indicated speed. The tyres of course have
some (sometimes great) influence on the speed, but the reading
will be corresponding to the revs.

To calibrate and to get a better and more accurate indication of
the speed, it works.

My speedo showed more than 20 per cent more, now it's almost
perfect. Besides, if your girlfriend thinks you drive too fast,
turn the calibration screw anti-clockwise. :-)

Thanx for youyr comments and Saluti

Wille R
http://hem.passagen.se/veloce/