69 vs 71

There are a few more differences that Brian failed to mention.

1. The '69 had floor mounted pedals which used a special master for the
clutch and brakes. This car also had dual booster mounted inline under the
hood. Repairing the hydraulic system in a 69 can get VERY expensive. The
reason for the brake system was to meet the federal regulation regarding
dual (front/rear separate) systems for safety.

2. The Spica FI on the 69 used a mechanical device to shut off the fuel
which was always problematic. The 71 was changed over to the electric fuel
shut off which did work.

I personally like the 69 interior and tail lights. My 69 GTV was one of my
favorite Alfas for that reason. Yet I also found it to be one of my most
hated Alfas when it came to the injection and brakes. I finally solved the
problem by putting in a later FI pump and (with great difficulty) mounting
a hanging pedal assembly.

TOM SAHINES ARA TECH HOT LINE SAN JOSE CA