Re: Speedo adj

>>http://hem.passagen.se/veloce/MECH3.HTM
 > >
>Thank you, very useful article and it works.

I agree, a very useful article: My only reservation is about the suggested
calibration method:

"Just cruise along at 2.000 revs in 5th gear and see if you need to
increase or decrease the speedometer"

Since the tacho is just as likely to be inaccurate as the speedo (in
my case I know that my tacho is worse), this may not be very accurate!

Perhaps correct the tacho first: most electronic dwell meters have
a tacho setting which can be used for calibration (the four that
I've tried on mine were all very consistent).

And then think about your tyre size and pressures relative to stock...

Or calibrate the speedo by:
  1.  Driving at a constant speed over a measured distance
  2. Reading a GPS while travelling at constant speed: I've heard
of it being done!
  3. Find a nice person with a radar/laser gun... this may have to
be done in excess of the speed limit to ensure they agree to help: and
may be expensive!

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

74 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000

105/115 series GTV home page and register at:
      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1806/105GTV.HTML