dissin' my 'fetta

>This MUST be a typo, nobody in their right mind could offer this, not >even if it had a Volvo 6-cyl. engine.
You say this like it's a good thing!

>Overheard comments at an Alfa concours: "Beautiful Alfetta, pristine >even,...it might fetch $2800!!
>s'more comments from same show while judging a less pristine Alfetta: >"Did anyone survive this wreck?"
Not funny, don't quit your day job.

Although I laughed at the notion of a 35,000 Alfetta, the resulting
jabs at them are getting on my nerves.  Let me just say before I go
off, I would never want to discourage anyone from sharing humor or
lighthearted ribbing.  But can't we save it for the truely lame?
If I recall correctly Steve, I ran into you once and we talked Alfa's,
I was driving my Berlina that day and you were driving a VW.  Doesn't
that stand for Virtually Worthless?
I love my Alfetta!  I am not in denial so much that I think it's worth
a hell of a lot to anyone other than myself, but I do think that they
deserve respect!  There are a lot of them that have been sadly neglected
in the world, rusted, tweeked upon by those without a clue, disposed of
as though they were Japanese or American.  This is not because they are
bad cars, or ugly cars, or gutless cars, or cars which deserve to be
known as worthless.
Despite this, I hope you all will still perpetuate the notion of the
worthless Alfetta.  And I will continue to get them for nothing, as I
did my current rust free baby.  After about $600 in parts I have a
wicked quick little piece of go fastica.

Kathy Jo
GTV-6
Berlina
Alfetta