Car covers

Now that my Alfa has arrived, it has kicked my beloved Saab out of the
garage,
and I'd like to protect the Saab from the nasty tree sap that drips year
round.

I know this is only vaguely Alfa related, but does anyone have any
recommendations regarding car covers?
I was once told that covers do more harm than good because they trap the
dirt underneath
the car and by covering and uncovering it, it scratches the car.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Robin

'67 Duetto (safely ensconced in the garage)
'92 Saab (having to deal with the elements)

Robin Boyar
Manager, Customer Care
InsWeb Corporation
1875 S. Grant St. #800