RE: Strange Spider

> Fred and everyone,
> Sorry, I must not have explained the clutch engage/disengage
> properly. I'll
> try again. When the clutch pedal is pushed down to the floor the
> engine cranks
> or runs SLOWER than when my foot is off of the pedal. This, to my
> knowledge,
> is the exact opposite of what it should be doing. That is why I
> suspected a
> ground problem and ran a new heavy ground cable to a starter
> motor bolt, since
> I first noticed it when trying to start the car. By the way, I live in the
> Chicago area and have also have changed the trans and diff fluids (80/90W)
> with no effect.

i read this wrong the first time around also.

imho, i don't think it's a ground - you'd have problems starting the car,
but not keeping it running (at least for the pre fi cars, anyhow).  with
your symptoms, i might check the engine timing (perhaps it's set wrong, and
lack of load is causing problems?), and also around the throttle linkage and
cable to make sure that nothing is interfering with it.

let us know what you find.

bs