Re: alfa-digest V7 #2 RE; Buzzing relay

Another relay question:

Anyone want to take a shot at why the drive relay is buzzing on my 87
spider?  I just replaced the original, which did the same thing ...
until it stopped doing anything.  The car runs, but I don't want to
keep going through $50 Bosch relays, so she's parked until we find the
correct diagnosis.  Foul fuel pump pulling too much juice?  How do ya
check it?  Something else?
Duane
87 Spider Veloce

        Please tell me what the "drive relay" is?  Any relay that buzzes
is not
being caused by the relay itself.  The relay is controlled by some other

circuit which could have a loose connection or false input.  You seem to

think it is the fuel pump, why?  I can't help you if you do not
positively identify the relay.  Fred Di Matteo
AROC Tech Advisor, Fort Myers, Florida