Re: auto scientific

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Luke Kowalski wrote:

> peterm sez:
>
> > Robert asked for recommendations on Alfa shops.  I have nothing but
> >      good things to say about Auto Scientific, 1140 Old Country Road,
> >      Belmont (592-2869).  Tony is knowledgeable, honest, seems to be able
> >      find rare parts, and until recently owned a GTV-6.
> >
> that would be my fault.I bought his 82 GTV6. He knows how to make them
> go, too. 3 litre, all Verde transaxle, S-cams, Bmw AFM, super secret
> exhaust, etc, etc...

> Luke M. Kowalski, Interaction Designer- NETSCAPE
> (mailto:lukek@netscape.com)               Mt. View, CA

I agree, Tony knows his stuff (rebuilt the Spider's rear end for me) an
excellent perhaps even perfectionistic mechanic.

Further South, Manarello's Eddie Smith knows what he's up to, and Mike
(formerly of APE and before that Italian Performance) has recently
joined him--he too is a damned good mechanic.

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@crl.com>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******