auto scientific

peterm sez:

> Robert asked for recommendations on Alfa shops.  I have nothing but
>      good things to say about Auto Scientific, 1140 Old Country Road,
>      Belmont (592-2869).  Tony is knowledgeable, honest, seems to be able
>      find rare parts, and until recently owned a GTV-6.

that would be my fault.I bought his 82 GTV6. He knows how to make them
go, too. 3 litre, all Verde transaxle, S-cams, Bmw AFM, super secret
exhaust, etc, etc...
The car now has the California Coastal Commission plates that say
"ALFORZA" (btw, my spider has alfrsko). For the Californians here, they
are the ones with the whale tail depicted on a blue surf background.
Turns out Tony is a big fan of whales...
Nice guy and close to the Caltrain. I am almost hoping that something
breaks down, so that I can catch up on my Book Review on the train. (I
became a nearly complete "checkbook mechanic" since the fiancee moved
in, the job picked up, etc  --  but I will be back when things slow
down!).

luke

74 Spider'
82 GTV6 3.0s
95 164 LS
93 T-Bird (hers)

--
Danger!!! Personal opinion:    "SUVs 'R obSCENE"
Luke M. Kowalski, Interaction Designer- NETSCAPE