clipped digests

In AD6-027 Mike Grace asked about the clipped #16 received by more than one
person. I forwarded complete ones to a couple of people, and the same thing
seems to have happened with #24. Graham Hilder in NZ received a clipped #24, I
sent him a complete one which came in clipped at the same point, he requested
a fresh one from majordomo and it came in clipped at the same point, all with
the last line of the 3rd submission (from Ivan Link, subj Milano tyres).

It has seemed to me that this problem (and/or seemingly related problems) have
been mentioned more recently than before the recent changeover. Mike says
"Recently (since the changeover to the new digest server, but probably just
coincidence) I've been getting my digests clipped occasionally." Graham says
it happened with #16, #24, and one previous one volume 6, which would be
around twelve percent of the time, potentially bothersome. Mike asks " Could
there be a character string which is causing my email app (Eudora Pro 3.05) to
gag? Anybody know a fix?"

No answers from this corner. Over to the Wise Men (and/or Ladies). Anybody?

John