Re: Alfetta GTV A/C questions

> Dave wrote:
[deleted question about brightness of A/C unit lighting]

> Hey Dave,
>
> I have the factory A/C on my '82 GTV.  No problems and not on the R134a
> yet.  I am not sure about the fan speed you discuss.  Are you talking
> about the interior fan (I assume yes) or the exterior engine bay fan?

Yes, sorry.  I wasn't very clear.

> Mine is 3 speed and has always been significantly noisier than any other
> car I know.  Never worried too much as the engine and the stereo do tend
> to drown it out.  :)

I thought this unit was a distinct improvement over the original
2 speed fan in the heat only unit that was installed in the car :-)
That thing, while happily roasting your toes, would also cause
temporary deafness.

> The backlighting of the fan switch itself is (and has always been) less
> than impressive.  I don't worry too much about it either.  The indicator
> light in the tacho that shows the fan is on glows brighter when the fan
> is turned up to higher speeds.  Again, it seems to work OK and I
> generally know from the amount of air coming through how it is running.

I was worried that I had wired the unit incorrectly, but from the
sounds of things I got lucky and got it correct :-)  It has been
recommended to me that I pull the bulbs and clean everything up
(only the red markings light up, none of the blue ones, although
some of them look like paint).

Thanks,

dave.