Re: Alfetta GTV A/C questions

Dave wrote:
> I just got my retro-fitted A/C unit gassed up and it works
> beautifully.  Nice cold air, just in time for the end of
> Summer down here in Sydney :-)
>
> (part of a major set of work on this car, new engine too).
>
> However, I have a couple of questions to people who have
> the A/C system as fitted from the factory:

Snipped the rest in the interest of bandwidth.

Hey Dave,

I have the factory A/C on my '82 GTV.  No problems and not on the R134a
yet.  I am not sure about the fan speed you discuss.  Are you talking
about the interior fan (I assume yes) or the exterior engine bay fan?

Mine is 3 speed and has always been significantly noisier than any other
car I know.  Never worried too much as the engine and the stereo do tend
to drown it out.  :)

The backlighting of the fan switch itself is (and has always been) less
than impressive.  I don't worry too much about it either.  The indicator
light in the tacho that shows the fan is on glows brighter when the fan
is turned up to higher speeds.  Again, it seems to work OK and I
generally know from the amount of air coming through how it is running.

Regards,

John Heidemann
Brisbane Australia
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0