RE: DIY

Hi,

I've also got a 75 2.0TS which I'm doing most of the work on myself.
When I went searching for a decent manual, I only found one avaialble
here in Sweden. It is in German <sigh> and is published by Bucheli
Verlag.
I find it aimed at experienced mechanics (prof.?), but by reading
figures and trying to reestablish some of that german language once
learned in school I find it very usable.

> I would like to do some DIYs on the engine of my 75 TS such as
> checking/adjusting valve clearance, timing belt, etc. It had been
> difficult
> getting the right manual. Any good DIY books out there? I am a
> beginner.

Just a little side note. Don't think you have to worry too much about
changing timing belts on the TS, because there ain't one and the chain
is very durable?.

> By the way, I would like to thank those who replied to my posting
> relating
> to steering wheel vibrations when my car travels at high speeds. Found
> that
> it was due to my rear tyres being out balance, as correctly pointed
> out by
> some. Got it rectified for a mere S$10 (apprx US$6).
>

> Jih-Hsin Tay
> Singapore
> 75 TS
> Alfasud Sprint 1.5 (sold, presumed dead. Miss the sweet revving
> engine)

Regards
Anders Nilsson
-90 75TS with 160.000km so far