Re: Milano tires - additional 0.02 groats

When I first got my 75, it was fitted with the optional Revolution
RFX 15 inch wheels, but a previous owner had fitted 195/50 15 tyres
on them. (Quite a lot cheaper) Later I replaced both and opted for
Falken 205/50 15s (Was looking for Yoko 520's but they were out of
stock locally and on  3 week back order, sigh) The 205/50's have
shown a definite improvement in grip, particularly in damp
conditions.

On the downside I can get the 205/50 tyres to rub on sharp low speed
turns, which I never could do on the 195/50. Also the 205's seem
'wallowier' in comparison, as the 195's had very little sidewall
compression in them. The tyre centre had some problems getting
the old 195s off though, but no bent rims.

P.S.    John C, nice to meet you finally !

Cheers

Ivan (ivan@waverider.demon.co.uk)
Leamington, UK
Alfa 75 3.0V6 America