Re: Milano Exhaust

>>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:36:00 EST

>From: Aibrucia <Aibrucia@aol.com>

>Subject: Milano Exhaust

>I have to replace the rear exhaust on my Milano 3.0.  I believe some members

>have used the Stebro rear and am looking for any experiences, good or bad.

>Would I be better off with the stock system.  Right now, I have a rusty Ansa.

>Any help, suggestions appreciated!

>Tony Brucia

I don't have Stebro experience but, I did just put a new ANSA rear section on
my GTV6 and It fit so exactly right. I've never had that happen before. I was
totally impressed.
My usual exhaust fitting ritual includes bending something to get it to quit
rubbing on the other something, or a heat shield rattling against the new
hangers or something.
The ANSA rear muffler was perfect in this regard.
And lastly I'd like to include what I finally learned about exhaust hanging
hardware (rubber rings and that little flat rubber piece) Get new ones. They
are so cheap. Throw the old ones out. They are stretched, and checked and will
let you down. I suppose most folks on this digest know simple stuff like this,
but I didn't even think about it until this last exhaust fitting.
JimboMGA@aol.com
1984 GTV6 (graunch)
1969 912 (44/56)