Re: [alfa] 164 and Automatic Transmissions

Erikkson Enterprises here in Old Saybrook CT does rebuilt these transmissions and they have a few cores in stock.  Many cases of the funky shift problems do not require rebuild and can be fixed on the car with inexpensive parts.  There is a spring in the distribution box that can corrode and break and there are the pressure sealing rings in the governor that break.  If you work on your Alfas, you can find the information on the net when the time comes.  If you don't work on your cars, you can go to a Saab service provider as the 164 auto is similar to the one in the Saab 9000.
 -Farzan in CT