[alfa] 164 and Automatic Transmissions

I am considering the purchase of a 164 with automatic transmission. I
have been warned by some to avoid auto equipped 164's as there is no
service available if and when they need a rebuild. What is the
experience of you Alfistis with that model with auto? My wife would be
very happy if the general experience is good, as she will not drive a 5
sp.
Regards,
John Cecil

<jcecil@domain.elided>