Re: [alfa] Possessed Starter

Best way to find out is to disconnect the wire that operates the starter relay; it's the small wire attached to the starter relay which is mounted on the starter itself. Then reconnect the battery cable; if the starter still turns, the relay contacts may have welded closed and the relay must be replaced.
Gil
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider

Terry wrote:

When I shut down my '74 Spider yesterday to put it away for the winter, the
starter just kept turning over. The only way I could stop it was by pulling
the battery cable. I was able to pull the key from the ignition while the
starter continued turning over the engine. Is this a problem with the
switch or the starter?
Terry