[alfa] French / Italian Car Meet at Woodley Park

So, where were you yesterday? We "merely" had 65 Alfas show up. I arrived around 8:30 a.m. and there were only a handful in place. To paraphrase the radio announcer on WOW (Omaha) radio when I was a kid - "It's a beautiful day at Woodley Park. It's currently somewhat overcast and there are chances of sprinkles later..." Which was the case.

Okay a few sprinkles, but the cars kept coming in. I don't recall hearing any bitching about the weather. Certainly didn't stop the AROSC concours. I felt veddy British. Wonder if they've (UK) ever had a concours when it didn't rain? I was (for good reason) happy to hear they now have a daily driver class, along with closed and open. The AROC gives age points (just reread - For The Cars), so if someone brings a terrific 750 Spider for instance, they have a real leg up on a pristine Series 4 Spider - based on the fact it no doubt took considerably more effort to get the 750 looking fine than it did the Series 4 owner.

Okay, you drug it out of me...I got the only award for Daily Drivers. She actually looked pretty good covered in water drops.

That said, come next year and if you drive your car once a week, it's in the class. Doug Adler (Concours Chair) said they might also include mileage, in that the more the better (unlike Hagerty). With a little urging from the nice lady who always brings her daily driver Series 4 green Spider they should have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I mentioned it to Doug and he agreed. I sort of think of myself as the non-member-at-large. Yeah, I know, even worse than fraudulently returning wrenches.

Sprinkles didn't stop the local talk show host from bringing out what I assume is one of his W.W.1 engined motor cars. I believe his name's Leno.

Biba
Whose car made it all the way (about 80 miles total) and back to Woodley without a hiccup. Is that loud cheering I hear in the background from those hoping yours truly will finally quit yammering on about cutting out problems? It was somewhat mentioned to me in person yesterday.
Irwindale, CA USA