[alfa] Re: original 66 GT Veloce Paint and Interior

John wrote:

why is she the only person in the Alfa pantheon who we all first-name-only?
Good point! When I wrote her I used "Signora Elvira Ruocco". And given her fabulous help, I should continue with that. I also agree that any errors in her reports come from the original documents, not her excelent work.

Rant aside, AR 303 is indeed the same as AR 501 (and at least four other numbers: all Ditzler 71297, which is to my thinking the most useful number, if I wanted "Alfa Red".)
Hmmm... here is my compilation of paint codes showed different ditzler numbers as well as different PPG numbers for the two reds. But the same Dupont numbers. But as I have indicated, the diferent numbers may result in essentially the same color. Here are the codes I have compiled:
AR-303 Alfa Rosso Corsa, used 63-68,73, codes: PPG 71297, Italver #20, Ditzler 12924, 16815 and 22345, Dupont 8772LM (lacquer) or 8772AM (enamel), (Glasso book says "Originally KF 12924")

AR-501 Alfa Rosso Classico, used 69-70,74-81, codes: PPG 71818, Dupont 8772LM (lacquer) or 8772AM (enamel), Ditzler 71818 and 71297

The PPG and Dupont numbers I copied directly from the paint boks. The other numbers come from various Internet sources of unknown accuracy.

John, also my thanks for your references to the parts book!

Carl