[alfa] The other end of the clutch pedal

Dear Alfa folks,
Greetings! Back on the List after computer problems. I had to put a new slave cylinder on an "86 Spider Veloce and it was great for about a month. Then i had to double clutch it. I tried to drive it yesterday and clutch would not engage at all!
Looked at everything and the other end of the clutch pedal, up under the hood, where the plunger goes into the master cylinder, wasn't throwing the plunger at all. Upon closer inspection, the second part of the "arm" that goes onto some type of gear box looking thing had busted a weld. The "arm" has a circular indentation, and the gear box thing has a circular piece sticking out. they appear to have been welded togather.
I guess after that long winded, half baked explaination my question is can I have the things welded back togather, or do i need to buy new parts?
Amanda