Re: [alfa] Ignition missing after hot.

As a former '81 Spider owner, I'll throw in my two cents.

If you suspect that it's the Spica system, and have some evidence to back it up, before I would spend a penny on getting any of it rebuilt I would instead spend the money on retrofitting a pre-'80 Spica system onto the car, or, if emissions testing situation allowed, carbs.

I would never - never - advocate ditching Spica for carbs for tunability, except for the system used for these two years.  In my opinion, the single-butterfly Spica setup of '80 and '81 is a monster.  Kludged up to pass emissions, it's virtually untunable without very specific tools.