RE: [alfa] donuts (was: 77 GTV driveshaft problems)

Sigh.

This post struck two chords with me.  Maybe I'm feeling a little melancholy
today..

<snip>
> them. Later I realized, partly on a basis of literary style as well as
> a different level of erudition, that Fred sometimes (as in this case)
> served as a conduit for messages from a lurker who wished to preserve
> his anonymity. The lurker was probably (almost certainly) Don Black,
> who was the technical core of Alfa's presence in the US from before its
> beginning to after its end as a separate company. When Alfa first
<snip>

And for me, when Alfa let Don go, that was the end of an era.  The marque,
at least present, lost most of it's charm for me then.

<snip>
> Guibo or giubo? Think Giulietta or Guilietta. Guibo has roots in
> American English by now, and may (like Alpha Romero) outlast the
> Italian name in popular use, but Fred did what he could,
>
> R.I.P.,

And it goes without saying, I miss Fred.

bs