[alfa] '88 Spider Quad Blowin' Fuses - Next Question!!!

  Gaaahhhh!!!!  I'm kicking myself right now, because I didn't even think of
doing this before and I've worked electronics for several years (just not
recently), so I can't recall what I ought to be seeing.

  The question is... how much resistance should I be reading across the +/-
posts on the fuel pump itself???  i.e., maybe this pump is semi-shorted and
drawing too much amperage.  I had hooked up a 12V un-fused source directly to
the FP earlier in this process and it ran, but I only ran it for a couple of
seconds so I don't know if it was drawing too much current.
  OK, with both wires to the FP disconnected and reading from the POS/+ (pink
wire) to NEG/- (black wire) posts, I'm showing about 2.5 to 7.5 ohms (not
K/M-ohms); same reading (2.5/7.5) from the + post to the pump body and 0.0
from the - post to the pump body.  Same readings whether it's red/+ to black/-
or red/- to black/+.  I don't think there'd be a difference, but I checked it
anyway.

  From what I can dredge up out of my sometimes-questionable memory, I think
that's low for a DC electric motor.  If it is and I've been chasing ghosts for
the past week because of it, then I guess it's time I took a refresher course.
Thanks to anyone who can answer this one for me!!

Dan
'88 Spider Quadrifoglio
    (verrryy quiet right now)