[alfa] Parts Vendor question

I have a gripe, then a constructive question. Note that I am NOT naming the
vendors involved. They all serve a useful purpose and have relative strengths
and weaknesses.

I'm primarily a checkbook mechanic on my original owner 1995 164LS. I have
been expanding my horizons beyond the PITA oil changes recently as the car
ages and requires more "little things".

My gripe: of four US-based vendors I've used, 3 of them have sent me parts
that don't fit, based on my ordering by make/model/year. (the 4th one has
limited coverage of 24v parts).

My solution: I just bought a parts CD and will plan on ordering only by Alfa
part number (versus by make/model/year), which eliminates one vendor who does
not sell by Alfa numbers.

My question: Are there any vendors that, if the part doesn't fit after
ordering by make/model/year, provide a refund of RETURN SHIPPING (and a bit of
an apology and an interest in solving the problem for future customers?). If
my car was not operational and I received the wrong parts I'd be
furious...when it's non-critical parts, it's merely an inconvenience and
annoyance that I'm trying not to go thru again.

Once again, I'm not starting a vendor-flame. I'm looking for positive
experiences, (by private e-mail, if you wish)

Karl in Silicon Valley
'95 164LS
(Groaning about a return trip to the Post Office and yet another unnecessary
extra weekend getting greasy after I locate the correct part)