[alfa] Alfa 164 Clutch Damper

Hi!

I have a few questions about the hydraulic damper in the clutch system on my 164 QV(12V).
When I bought the car I knew the master cylinder was slowly failing so I thought the more force needed to press the pedal and the return delay of a quicly depressed pedal were all because of the faulty cylinder.
On a previously owned 164 3.0 the clutch was soft and quickly responsive after a master cylinder change. So when I changed the master cylinder on my QV and the pedal was still soemwhat hard and slow to follow the foot when being depressed I first thought it wasn't faulty at all, but as I noticed afterwards, the clutch worked fine( didn't release after soem time being pressed). I've been looking through Compact98(Fiat group parts catalogue) and I've seen a part named Damper (60801292) that is mounted on the hydraulic line between the master and slave clustch cylinders, the thing I am curious about is, does this damper have the same funcionality as the dreaded BMW component CDV(Clutch Delay Valve) that is, it tries to dampen the fast changes in clutch movement for "smoother shifitng"? And if so, could it be bypassed by a straight tube that is originaly put into 2.0TS versions?
It really annoys the hell out of me when I try to shift gears very fast, it just won't return the pedal fast enough.
Thanks for all the information in advance.

Regards,

Ales Golob