[alfa] brake light upgrade

The first time I saw led bulbs I got a big case of gadget fever and bought bulbs for the tail lights of my round tail spider.

What a disaster! The tail and brake lights showed up as small circles within the lens. The circles were fairly bright, but only if observed from directly behind. The directional signal bulbs blinked extremely quickly due to their low resistance, and were barely visible from any direction.

I didn't even attempt to add resistance for the directional signals because the bulbs point off to the side under the lens. This works fine with the relatively non-directional conventional bulbs, but is utterly useless with the very directional led bulbs.

Ironically, the Wix Tech web site http://www.wixtools.com/html/led_lighting.html provided in one of the posts contains a good solution to the need for brighter tail / stop lights, and that is halogen 1157 replacement bulbs.

I feel another case of gadget fever coming on...

George Beston
Alfetta
Spider Jr.