re: [alfa] Alfa 164 Clutch Damper

Yes.

Although the OE QV hose might not be longer enough.
Also, the stock 164 hoses has a rather narrow inside diameter compared to the newer Alfa
OE (Pirelli) hoses.
Later European models (Q4 and non) are without the damper and use a wider, longer hose
that fits perfectly, on both ends, to the 164.
When replacing the MC my mechanic insisted on replacing the original hose with one of
these newer wider hoses. (I had already bypassed the damper with a new hose from a Super
which was long enough, longer than the QV hose) He said that another benefit was that the
hose would last longer / less chance of breaking down inside?
Very noticeable difference in clutch feel and speed of pedal return.
Although, I did replace the MC at the same time so... it is hard to say which did more.
I do not have the part number but, I think, on the parts disc it is listed as superseding
the original part? It might be the hose from a 156 or 166, someone else will have to
chime in with the part information.

Good luck,
-Jeff

P.S. I originally bypassed the damper before changing the MC thinking that my problem was
A) the damper or B) the old hoses. There was NOT a noticeable difference, therefore I
changed the MC.