[alfa] eBay

I have bought and sold hundreds of items on eBay,
including selling one car and buying three -- all with
100-percent "positive feedback" experiences. The most
expensive non-car transactions was a $1500 Miata
hardtop and a pair of 1970s high end hi-fi speakers
($600), both sold by me. I also sold a $5000 VW
Notchhback, and purchased a Fiat Spider and my lovely
Berlina.

In my experience, you have to be a very diligent buyer
and work only with high-feedback sellers. You have to
really know exactly what you are looking for in a car,
know exactly what to expect, and what questions to ask
before bidding to help weed out the bad cars that
inevitably get misrepresented, either purposefully or
innocuously.

That said, in my eBay transaction history, I have had two
bad experiences, one as a seller (high bidder refused
to complete transaction) and once as a buyer (my Fiat,
a nice car to be certain, was misrepresented in a way
that made me bid about $1500 higher than I would
have otherwise, and the seller was very unhelpful. I had
to have $600 worth of work done upon the car's arrival,
as it showed up with a squealing water pump and ball
joints on the verge of failure to the point that steering
was nearly impossible. Of course, it's a lovely Spider

Good luck,
James
1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Berlina
1981 Fiat Spider 2000