[alfa] eBay

Greetings Alfisti!

Just want to reiterate the sentiments that eBay is generally a safe and
reliable place to buy and sell.  I've bought and sold a fair bit of stuff,
but nothing as big as a car.

When  I became interested in eBay trading, I bought a "how-to-do-ebay" book
which was very helpful in understanding how it all works.  There are many
such books available.  My potted tips for buying and selling are:

- Know how eBay works.
- Know what you want.
- Know what it is worth.
- Be patient in tracking down what you want.
- Bid sensibly and not emotionally.  Once you think that a sensible limit
has been exceeded, don't bid again.
- Research the seller/buyer history.
- Always e-mail the seller with some questions, their speed of reply and
helpfulness is generally a pretty good indicator of how the transaction
will go.
- If you're not comfortable with any part of your reserch into a particular
auction or seller, then walk away.  A similar/better/cheaper item will
usually come up sooner than you think.

Alfa content - Two weeks' holidays start for me tonight (woohooo!!), so
some quality time ahead giving the 164 some TLC!!

Cheers to all,
John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia

Notice from Goodman Fielder Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries.

they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from
reading, copying, distributing and using the information. Please
contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.

You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or
damage which may result from your receipt of this message or
any attachments.