[alfa] I-15 observations

I have been commuting between Temecula and downtown San Diego to be with my
girl friend in the last few weeks. The I-15 highway has to be one of the
fastest stretches of highway in the state of California!
I am tooling down the road in my 89 spider with the top down cruising at a
comfortable 80 mph and I am getting passed on both sides of me by speeders.

Geeze, I thought 80 was waaaay over the speed limit! I guess not with people
passing me on both sides like I am the SLOW one. The average speed I would
guess is 80-85 mph as I am keeping with the majority of the traffic.
Most of those that are passing me are the big pick up trucks (some 4x4), and
SUV's.
The other day in San Diego I saw a flat bed truck with two SUV's on the back
of the truck, that had rolled over and were badly smashed up.

I was on my way back the other night and some lady in a late model Chrysler
Sebring was going through traffic at what I estimated to be 100 mph. To add
to that her kids were in the back. No regards for safety.
Best thing is that I am living the good life with the Alfa with the top down
enjoying this wonderful weather, 30 mpg  and getting one heck of a tan even
with sunscreen.
If you see a white 89 Veloce with a guy smiling on I-15 it might be me!.
Let them other folks be envious!
Christopher Boles

I was going to say something about people racing me, I might be admitting to
much if I do. =:-O

Christopher Boles