[alfa] SATAjet RP

Subtitle: Biba painted while AROCer's partied...

Took the Sata out for a spin yesterday. Wow!

In case you don't know what a SATAjet RP is, it's a very high end automotive (or?) paint gun. They're German made and all of their guns meet EU standards. This particular gun is NOT an HVLP but the US distributor is taking the gun state by state to get it certified. In CA they are going county by county. Hasn't been certified in LA county yet, but...

It's the first time I've had the opportunity to use what I consider an actual grown-up, professional spray gun. Suggested air pressure is 29 - 36 psi - not those whimpy HVLP guns with "Max 18 psi at inlet" stamped on the nozzle.

Actually all I shot yesterday was peripheral items for client's '69 Spider: Underneath hood, air inlet, three parts of dash, gas cap cover, VIN plate, and for the initial first run, the insides of the four front wheel well covers. Pssh, pssh, pssh and each was totally painted (except the hood took a few more pssh, pssh's).

The suggested retail price is $585. I got it delivered (in two days) from S & J's Discount Tools for $385. Money well spent.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

I'll be selling my Binks M1-G HVLP gun. Looks like new. Little use. Had dismantled and cleaned by a professional a year ago. Has about one minute on it since then. Looks like new. If you like HVLP's this is one of the better ones. I just couldn't get used to it but many others love these spray guns. Eastwood lists it at $299.99. Will go on eBay soon...unless?