[alfa] when did a Dino 308GT4 become a Ferrari?

In 1973/74,I belonged to the Deleware Valley chapter of AROC and I
attended several club meetings at Algar Enterprises.At that time Algar
was an Alfa & Ferrari dealer and was also the Ferrari distributor for the
entire East Coast.I distinctly remember there were two logos on
display-one for Ferrari and one for Dino.The 246 coupes and spiders on
the showroom floor had Dino badges.If you went to an auto show there were
two displays,one for Dino and one for Ferrari. They weren't Ferraris...no
one dared to refer to them as Ferraris.They were much cheaper and they
didn't have a v12. I'm no Ferrari snob,and I'd love to own either Dino
model,but I am curious as to when and how Dinos morphed into Ferraris.Did
Enzo issue a papal bull(which leads me to consider, what is the
automotive equivalent of ex cathedra....)?