[alfa] fast idle

Hi All,

My '87 Spider would not start so I went through the protocol to test
the various Bosch FI components.  I ended up finding the Auxilliary Air
Valve closed when cold, so I loosened the nut forced it open (per
www.oldebottles.com)and tightened the nut. My Spider started instantly
on the first crank but now has a fast idle.  Is the Aux Air Valve
possibly causing this fast idle?  I'd rather not by a new one for $250
if I do not need one.  It did not idle fast before the fix although it
was very difficult to start.

Also, when cornering I get a hesitation as I accelerate out of the
corner.  Any thought on the cause?

Thanks,
Chris
Miami, FL