RE: [alfa] fast idle

 Chris,
	Many years ago my '86 Spider when thru a period of very hard starts
when hot and I tracked it down to the AAD being out of whack.  I did all the
usual test such as putting it in the freezer to see if it opened up all the
way - which it did.  And to make sure that it closed via the electrical
connection.  It passed all the tests but still the car didn't start right.
The best test was a swap with another Spider owner where the car started
nicely, hot or cold - and the other owner had the same symptoms I did.

	Eventually I got a used one from APE which cured the problem.  If
you do get a used one, make sure that you get the 4 cylinder model (check
the part number stamped on the unit) and not the 6 cylinder version.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider - waiting for tankectomy to occur
	'73 GTV - running sweet after a day under the hood getting the SPICA
straightened out