Re: [alfa] help!!!! spider quits

Hi there Craig,

I might also add that I once experienced something similar in my '91
S4 Spider and it turned out to be my air box crossover hose
connection.  The fat accordion-like hose that comes across the valve
cover was just jostling loose and when it opened the gap due to
vibration, the engine basically choked.  It was completelu un-drivable
in traffic, and as you say, keeping it at high revs was the only hope,
[possibly due to engine torque holding the gap closed?].
Re-tightening the clamp solved it all in the parking lot of my work.
:-)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:28:29 -0700, Benjamin Kaupp
<bkaupp@domain.elided> wrote:
> My relatively uneducated first guess would be that you jostled
> something loose between the distributor cap and the spark plugs. That
> would allow for your difficulty starting (one cylinder not fully
> firing) and your gas smell (same). I of course am not the most expert
> person on the list, but I AM a fan of simple explanations.
>
> G'Luck
> Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
> '78 Spider (coil wire keeps falling out because my new Auroras haven't
> arrived yet)
>

> On Jul 28, 2004, at 9:16 AM, C.M. Bereznoff wrote:
>
> > Help!!   My 1993 S-4 spider had benn runnig just fabulaous
> > until this AM.  I was running late to work, pushing the
> > RPMs, took a turn with a bump pretty fast.
> --

Cheers!
Hutson

J. Hutson Hart - ARA/DSAROC - 1991 Spider [white]
Petaluma, CA  94954-8530
primary ping: hutsonhart@domain.elided