[alfa] re: K&N 164 experience

I too have seen an increase in particulate crap downstream of the filter since switching to a K&N on my GTV-6. (I've also seen an increase in oil consumption, but I think that engine suffered from massive blow-by before I even owned it.) That said, the crap getting through is seemingly a fine white dust, presumably only the smallest particulate crap that I encounter day-to-day. And I haven't seen any oil in the airbox. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen the white crap since I cleaned and oiled my filter--perhaps it was under-oiled at the factory, and that's the only reason it let dirt through?

That's my K&N experience,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6 now with "new" engine, currently in the body shop having bumper fixed.