[alfa] (Alfa) legal beagles wanted

Perhaps you might think either the Democratic or upcoming Republican Convention, or perhaps the **Alfa** national Convention, or the Olympics in Greece are more important, but baby, I need (free) advice.

Seems as though someone (apparently next door neighbors) felt it was wise to call the City of Irwindale and report the fact I do bodywork and primering outside (in my industrial shop's driveway). Shoot, doesn't everyone?

Before writing my Notice Of Violation, Code Enforcement Officer Albert Ambriz, stated what I was doing was against City Codes. Not saying they're not, but last I checked the City had no City code book available to peruse and chuckled when I asked if I could access it online. The inference was, "Oh we just be po backward folks."

Same backward po folk who offered (and gave) the Raiders when they were in LA and considering moving, ten million, just to come have a look and consider Irwindale as a possible venue for a new stadium built specifically just for them - many years ago.

Before, the only way I could get copies of the City's codes was to give the specific code / codes, then wait hours while they bumbled around to print it out (it obviously exists on a computer somewhere). They charge, I believe, about a buck a page.

Is this legal? If not, what are my options?

******

How can I legally nuke my neighbor?

My first thought is to let the Property Manager know the guy next door is subletting to another guy / business. Doubt if it is in the lease. But that is so namby pamby.

Guy's next door do as much illegal stuff as I do, but make smaller messes. They sell and install tires (in their driveway) make suspension additions / modifications, wrap up Asian carbon fiber hoods for Asian cars for shipping (in the same place), etc.

If we're thinking along the same lines, yes, I have a digital camera. Yes, I am motivated.

Any other thoughts?

Biba
Just trying to survive in...
Irwindale, CA USA

(Moving is out of the question...trust me)