[alfa] Uprated Alternators

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:33:28 -0700
From: Stefano.Iachella@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Alternator options

What other options exist? Someone was talking about a Milano
alternator in a Spider? Does that fit easily or does there need to
be some modification?
I got the alternator in my Spider rebuilt by a local rebuilder with new guts that Bosch made for the commercial tractor market, rated for 95 amps. The front housing, bracket, and pulley are from my "old" 65 amp alternator, and the new one looks identical - just higher output. Contact me offline if you want the name of the shop in Salt Lake City that did the rebuild for me.