re: [alfa] K&N 164 experience

Jose,
   I am willing to bet that the oily grime was coming from the other direction.
I have a 164 QV 12v that has had a K&N air filter for several years now without any
problems. Or anything other than air getting through.
Also the oil that is on is very light, never transfers to anything else.
I have seen many 164's with oil that makes it to the airbox and even sometimes onto the
filter leaving a stain.
This is usually due to a plugged vent hose that is suppose recirculate any oil that makes
it to the plenum down to the crank-case (I think?).
So if, after a while, you check the air hose around the throttle and there is more oil in
there; I would start looking at other solutions (and switch back to the K&N filter if you
like).

ciao,
-Jeffrey

1993 Alfa 164 QV 12v