RE: [alfa] mystery oil leak

<snip>
> When I start the car again, put it in gear and move it there is still no
> leak.  I'm confused.  I don't understand how so much oil could come out
one
> time and apparently nothing now.  Could sitting for a while have cause a
> gasket to leak until it moistened up?  That has never happened when it
sits
> all winter so it doesn't seem right that a few weeks would do
> it.  Any ideas? ________________ Ken Tubman ktubman@domain.elided

I could picture a couple of things happening.

One, perhaps you had oil leaking out a seal, and heat cycling the engine
caused the seal to swell up.

Two, maybe the oil has been leaking all winter, and pooling on a cross
member, or inside the bottom of the bellhousing, or something, and moving
the car simply disrupted the pool of oil?

I'd watch your consumption carefully.

bs