[alfa] ? re: Powder coating on MiniLite wheels

I have a set of MiniLite wheels on our 69 Berlina. When I had the car
stripped and painted, I took the MiniLite wheels to a local powder
coater and asked him to clearcoat them. When I picked them up, they were
painted metallic silver. I almost strangled him.
I must admit they did a good job, but they are grey and not clear! Can
the powder coating be removed? Bead blasted? Or?
Any suggestions would sure be appreciated!
Thx,
Fred Zimmermann 69 Berlina