RE: [alfa] AROC Support for Richard Welty

> Greetings to all Alfisti. I regret that I will only be able
> to attend the National Convention on one day, Thursday next
> week. That happens to be the day of the board meeting. I hope
> to have the opportunity to speak to the board members at that
> time. If I do, I would propose that the club provide some
> support for Richard so he can attend future annual
> conventions, or if the proposal for regional meetings is
> adopted, that his attendance at the nearest meeting be supported.
>
> The Alfa Digest has been of great value to me since I
> purchased my 164L six years ago. Similarly, AROC provided
> great value and enjoyment of my Duetto when my local dealer
> went out of business in 1970.
>
> If any AROC board members read this message before going to
> the convention, I hope you will consider this and take it up
> with the board.

I believe AROC does provide some sponsorship to the digest.

As the chairman of the hosting chapter, I'm trying to convince Richard to
attend.  As of now, I believe the issues are more with the timing than
anything else.

We'd love to see Richard (and Alison and the family) come up, even for just
the weekend.  I'm a long time supporter of the digest, and with Bernie Z I
was one who worked many years ago to get AROC to support the digest.

I don't know of anybody who is coming up just for the BOD meeting, my hats
off to you for that.  I hope you can at least stay for the welcome
reception..

See you there!

bs