[alfa] thin headbolt washers

Umm, gee, I always put them on TOP of the lifting strap.
 While we're at it, did we clean the threads on the studs and inside the nuts,
and the boltholes in the head?
That's the main reason headgaskets fail; crud in those places causes false
torque readings.
Also, clean both sides of the washers and the bottom of the nuts with fine
sandpaper, lightly coat those surfaces and the threads on the studs with
Never-Seize, not oil.
Using the factory torquing sequence, torque the nuts to 25 ft/lbs, then do it
again to 25.
Then go to 45, and finally to 65ft/lbs.
Use a real torque wrench, put the two front 8mm bolts in before torquing the
headnuts, and tighten them afterwards.
Don't put any goop on the gasket, and be sure your head is straight.
HTH,

Hans